Tuesday, August 5, 2014

definition of Junque

Definition of Junque
 
junque:  noun; jun-k!
 
1. all the priceless bits and pieces you have collected over the years that everyone in your home thinks is trash
 
 
I am a collector of little bits and bobs and parts and pieces that I just cannot let go.  There are bits of book pages, laces, fabrics, trims, buttons, twines, papers, envelopes, etc...etc....etc.  I love all those little things and because I want to use them in some way special I have come up with an idea.
 
This Saturday August 8th I am going to bring my little bits and pieces, my inks and stains, my watercolors and stamps and pens....lots of pens! and we are going to make a Junque Journal.  I think this will be loads of fun because this is where technique meets creativity.  I am not giving you a sample to copy...we are creating together.  WE will all start with a couple of pieces of chipboard, a few pieces of paper and some tags then we play!







This workshop requires you to bring your paper trimmer, your scissors, your adhesive, your chalk pad and or a blending tool and distress Vintage photo and Walnut stain and a bit of creativity and curiosity!

I will get us all started and then you will take off on your own path.  If you have your own inks and stains please bring them.  Bring any little fabric, lace or ribbon scraps to share.  Bring odd ball papers, book papers, ledger papers, anything you think you might like to play with.  Share with all of us...I will have stuff here to play with but more is ummmmmm.....WONDERFUL!

This is an impromptu workshop we can really get inky, creative and funky with!  Cost for the day is just $24.95 and will start at 11 am and go until 4:00.  I will be the one with my inky overalls on so come and play with me!

And by the way life{365}for August is ready to be picked up!


Have a wonderful week and we hope to see some of you on Saturday for this Funky Junque Journal!
always,
michele

No comments:

Post a Comment